Pucker Up! Manuka honey is known for its antibacterial properties. Olive oil, for its moisturising power and lastly brown sugar (which, combined with molasses) is an excellent natural exfoliant. I wasn’t entirely convinced when I read about this through a number of beauty resources. However, after actually trying this scrub on my lips (and unavoidably my entire chin) this particular scrub left my skin noticeably softer, smoother and super moisturised.
There are two versions to this that have been tested in the Sesame Boutique office. One contains olive oil and the other without. The olive oil helps to emulsify the mixture and makes it more malleable. Below is the recipe with the inclusion of olive oil, if you wish to leave it out, then you are more than welcome to do so. Ultimately, the results are the same.
Note: I have used teaspoon measurements, as you will only need half a teaspoon for your lips alone. However, if you are in dire need or would like to treat yourself, I have also given you a tablespoon equivalent recipe for those who want to use this for their bodies.
- Take half a teaspoon in your hands and glide this onto lips.
- In small circular motions, you should feel a mildly granular scrub resurface your lips.
- Once you have scrubbed them to your preference, add a small amount of luke warm water onto your fingers and continue to wash the scrub off until it has almost gone.
- Use a gentle cleanser, I used Cetaphil cleanser (for all skin types), to wash off any remaining oily residue.
For the Body:
- 1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Manuka Honey
- 1 Teaspoon of Olive Oil
- Mix together and use on elbows, knees and any dry/rough patches of skin.
I hope you like this! Good luck. Stay Beautiful xx